For the past seven years, Inner Strength Bayside has run 45 minute Mums and Bubs mat Pilates sessions for up to six mums plus babies. More recently we have added a reformer mums and bubs class to our timetable with up to four mums plus babies. Both classes are suitable from 6 weeks after giving birth up until your baby is crawling. These sessions will help you regain strength and tone in a safe and fun environment to help you deal with the demands of being a new Mum. The exercises are designed to include your baby as much as possible and we always incorporate some tummy time.
- Our physiotherapists are trained and experienced with treating pre and post natal women.
- Your Mums & Bubs assessment involves assessment of any DRAM (abdominal separation) and may involve real time ultrasound over your lower abdominal region to help assess your pelvic floor function and retrain where appropriate.
- Mums & Bubs classes include pelvic floor retraining and advice. With 1 in 3 women experiencing some level of incontinence after birth, this is a vital part to recovery.
- We provide education on ways to manage any musculoskeletal pain and prevent recurrence.
- Our Mums and Bubs classes are small, with up to six women in our mat class and up to four in our reformer class. This allows us to focus on you and give you the best experience.
- All of the above will ensure you achieve your goals in a timely manner.
Click here to view our class timetable.
A 45 minute post-natal assessment with one of our Physiotherapists is required prior to a Mums & Bubs Group Physiotherapy session. During this time, we will also discuss your goals to ensure you get the most out of your Mums & Bubs sessions.
Please click here to book online!
Written by Luci Minogue, Physiotherapist