Jessica Minogue, from Glow Acupuncture, is an AHPRA registered Chinese Medicine practitioner, consulting from the rooms at Inner Strength Bayside on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays. She offers Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, cupping and cosmetic acupuncture.
Interested in Chinese Medicine but don’t really understand how it works?
Chinese medicine works on evaluating health conditions holistically. It looks at presenting signs and symptoms, across all areas of physical, mental & emotional health and aims to also address the underlying cause of illness, with treatment tailored to the patients’ individual health needs.
Just as much as treatment is a key focus, so too is prevention of further illness and health maintenance to improve overall wellbeing in the long-term. Chinese Medicine focuses on the concept of balancing Qi (energy) in the body. When illness or other symptoms occur, this indicates that there is disharmony in the body and we aim to correct this through specific acupuncture points and herbal medicine.
- Womens health: from irregular cycles, heavy bleeding or PMS through to supporting pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness, nourishing new mothers to increase energy, sleep quality, milk production, right through to women transitioning from peri-menopause to harmonise their health & hormonal changes and alleviate the onset of and more severe symptoms of Menopause.
- Injuries: Long term injuries and trauma create long term effects on the body. Chinese Medicine helps reduce inflammation and nourishes muscles & tendons through harmonising the flow of Qi and Blood in the body, aiming to speed up injury recovery time.
- Digestive Issues & Fatigue: Improving common digestive issues to become an adequate source of energy in the body. This may include IBS, bloating, loose stools, constipation, irregular bowel movements. We aim to improve your overall digestion, which underpins all the vital functioning of organs in the body.
- Stress, anxiety & sleep issues: Acupuncture sessions by nature calm your nervous system and specific acupuncture points can help subside symptoms of stress, anxiety and improve overall emotional wellbeing and sleep concerns.
- Chronic Illness: Supporting recovery from chronic illness including managing side effects of medication or treatment, building up energy and improving immune systems.
- Antiaging & common skin conditions: Cosmetic Acupuncture is a gentle, non-invasive, natural approach to healthy skin treating your overall health from the inside out. Skin concerns are addressed holistically, aiming to treat both skin concerns and the underlying root cause contributing to your skin condition. Whether your concern is aging, acne or eczema the approach to addressing your overall health is at the core of this treatment.
Curious to try Chinese Medicine and see if it can support your individual health concerns naturally? Or interested to see if there is an alternative way to addressing health concerns that you have been unable to treat previously through conventional medicine or have learnt to live with?
Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine appointments are eligible for Health Insurance Fund rebates. Please check with your Health Insurance fund to see if you are eligible.